Tour de Lis Louisiana will be "healin' through wheelin'" in Mandeville on Saturday, March 23, 2024 in Fontainebleau State Park. Tour de Lis Louisiana is more than a bike ride or walk. It is part of the global race to find a cure for cancer and to extend the lives of cancer survivors.
Fontainebleau, the most-visited state park in Louisiana, is a 2,800-acre park on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain, just 12 minutes from the Causeway Bridge. The ride/walk course is flat and fast, under mammoth, moss covered oaks. The bike ride begins at 8 a.m. on the park's great lawn (follow signs). Check-in opens at 7 a.m.
- Tour de Lis is a non-competitive bike ride with proceeds benefiting the Cancer Association of Louisiana (CALA).
- Riders have the option of four race distances--10, 25, 40, or 62 miles. Those who wish to participate but would prefer to walk can choose between a 1-mile or 4- mile nature hike.
- The race is rain-or-shine, with possible delays in the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions.
- Helmets are required--no exceptions.
- Adult size bikes only.
- Guests are welcome at start and finish locations, but not on the route.
- Park entry fee (all guests aged 4-61): $3 (free for ages 0-3 and 62+)
- Rider registration fee: $50 individual, $250 for 5-person group
- Cancer survivor rider: $40
- Guest (food and drink only): $25
- Guest VIP (VIP tent, food, specialty drink and open bar, 5-min massage, swag, and Port-o-let): $50
- Male Dorm Group Camp, 1-2 nights (limit 50 bunks): $75
- Female Dorm Group Camp, 1-2 nights (limit 50 bunks): $75
- Rider + Tour de Lis jersey: $85 + $10 shipping
- Online fees calculated at time of purchase.
- Volunteers are welcome; contact Mary Fontana at (504) 733-5539.
Fundraisers reaching $300 will be refunded the entry and receive a Tour de Lis lanyard bottle opener; those reaching $500 will also be given a VIP upgrade, and those raising $1,000 will get all of those, plus the Tour de Lis event jersey. To start your own fundraising page, click https://cagno.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/TourDeLisLa2021/tabid/1108735/Default.aspx.
For more information about Tour de Lis, visit https://tourdelisla.org/wp or contact Mary Fontana at Mfontana@Cagno.org.
From I-12, take US 190 (exit 63-A) south toward Mandeville. Continue east on Hwy. 190; the park is approximately 4 miles east of the city. Free parking within Fontainebleau State Park.
A block of rooms at certain local hotels will be available. Reservations accepted for Friday through Sunday with check-out on Monday. Availability is limited, so reserve early. Visit: https://tourdelisla.org/wp/lodging
MORE ABOUT TOUR DE LIS LOUISIANA
The race raises funds to help patients and their families cope with the physical and emotional challenges of a cancer diagnosis and provide assistance to cancer patients in Louisiana through the Cancer Association of Louisiana (CAGNO). Tour de Lis LA provides an opportunity to ride or walk in memory of a loved one and to celebrate the hope and strength of survivors and those still in battle. Since its founding in 2007, the Tour de Lis has raised over $1 Million with expenses and overhead held to 10%.
Since 1959, Cancer Association of Greater New Orleans (CAGNO) has been a leader in providing direct financial support to cancer patients in Southeast Louisiana. In 2018, donors made it possible for CAGNO to provide 783 patients and their families with ongoing support during cancer treatment. This includes household living assistance, co-pays and medical supplies, gas cards for transportation assistance to treatment, help paying for patient’s prescriptions and educating the community on cancer prevention.