Summer’s most savory event is back and bringing the heat all along the Louisiana Northshore. It’s Tammany Taste of Summer, happening August 1 through September 15, 2022, all across St. Tammany Parish.
From decadent dinner promotions to adventurous outings, options to treat yourself are endless, and discounted accommodations mean more in your pocketbook to dine and play! The Tammany Taste of Summer Savings Pass is your access to exclusive offers at local restaurants, accommodations and attractions, so by using the free Savings Pass, you’re supporting local businesses while you save.
A sampling of the great deals available August 1-September 15, 2022 gives a snapshot of the variety of businesses you’ll support:
- Buy one, get one rental at Brooks' Bikes/Trikes & Beyond
- $2 off adult safari wagon tour ticket at Global Wildlife Center
- 20% off kayak, canoe and paddleboard rentals at Canoe and Trail Adventures & Rentals
- 20% off ticket at Dr. Wagner's Honey Island Swamp Tours
- After Dark Gator Tour, Booze Cruise or Late Night Moonlight Bayou Cruise at Louisiana Tours and Adventures Pontoon Boat Tours
- 15% off fine art prints at Marianne Angeli Rodriguez Gallery
- 50% off a bottle of wine or 20% off cases of 12 bottles at Wild Bush Farm & Vineyard
August is Black Business Month, so we’re sending a special shout-out to Judy Jones of Big Mama's Country Kitchen in Slidell! Her special is buy one, get one half off, any menu item.
Choice of appetizers, entrees & desserts at Marcello's Restaurant and Wine Bar (Randy Schmidt photo)
Discounted prix fixe menus are the highlight of Tammany Taste of Summer, this year available at 18 participating locations. Whether you're looking for an upscale, intimate dining experience for date night or a casual, waterside hot spot for a ladies' lunch, you'll discover a variety of options to suit any taste. Two, three and four-course lunches and dinners range from $22 to $50 per person, so you can try out new restaurants or try new menu items at your favorite eateries.
Pasta Carbonara at Tchefuncte's Restaurant (Randy Schmidt photos)
Restaurants offering prix fixe menus include:
- Annadele's Restaurant & B&B
- Café Lynn
- Copeland's of New Orleans - Slidell
- Copeland's of New Orleans - Covington
- Del Porto Ristorante
- Gallagher's Grill
- Gallagher's on Front Street
- Impastato Cellars
- Lola Restaurant
- Marcello's Restaurant & Wine Bar
- NOLA Southern Grill
- Nonna Randazzo's Bakery and Café
- Palmettos on the Bayou
- Pat Gallagher's 527 Restaurant & Bar
- Restaurant Coté and The Maple Room
- Tchefuncte's Restaurant
- The Blue Crab Restaurant & Oyster Bar
What can you expect on a prix fixe menu?
Here's a peek at the selections offered at Cafe Lynn in Mandeville and their 2-course dinner with wine pairing for $30:
Shrimp and Crab Stew with side salad at Café Lynn (Randy Schmidt photos)
Louisiana Chateau Cut Beef Tenderloin - Medallions of beef tenderloin and Worcestershire butter with roasted new potatoes and fresh green beans, OR
Shrimp & Crab Stew - Jumbo Gulf shrimp and lump crabmeat in a tomato based shrimp stock stew over jasmine rice
Each served with side salad, and paired with a glass of Whiplash wine from Napa Valley, Chardonnay or Red Blend.
Mouth watering yet? Better give Café Lynn a call! Located in Mandeville at 2600 Florida St, Café Lynn is open Tuesday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Reservations not required but recommended at (985) 624-9007.
Make it a Staycation
Add in discounted accommodations and you've got a real staycation. Well, you guessed it: the Tammany Taste of Summer Savings Pass also offers exclusive lodgings packages you can access today:
Available until September 15:
- 10% off best available rate at de la Bleau B&B
- 20% off at Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast
- 20% off average daily rate at Homewood Suites Slidell
Available until August 31 only:
- 20% off Annadele’s Restaurant and B&B
- 15% off available daily rate at Abita Springs Hotel
- 10% off at Courtyard by Marriott
- 10% off River Chalet cabin or Meadow Cabin at Little River Bluffs
- 10% off any room type at Residence Inn by Marriott
Redeem 5+ Deals & Get a Goodie
Sign up now at www.TammanyTaste.com to stay, play, dine, save and support. And when you access all those deals, be sure to click “Redeem” on your Tammany Taste of Summer Savings Pass—the first 150 pass holders with five or more redemptions will receive a free gift, compliments of the St. Tammany Parish Tourist Commission: a Louisiana-themed coaster set, handmade by Mandeville artist Christina Pappion!
Handmade coasters by Christina Pappion (Sarah Hill photo)
To sign up, visit TammanyTaste.com or just click the phone below. Once registered, you can view the details of all the deals, including complete prix fixe menus and pricing, at each participating business. But hurry! The Tammany Taste of Summer 2022 ends September 15!